mercoledì 11 febbraio 2009

Aller Anfang ist schwer (Every beginning is difficult)


That's my first blog ever. I've been thinking for 4 days days about what I should write here. Basically the easiest thing would be to describe what has been happening during the last 4 weeks. But it seems impossible... :D There has been so much happening during that time. And it seems even more impossible when I think of describing it in Italian, cos I don't know the language well enough yet to express everything I want. The easiest thing would be to write in Polish but then it would be understood only by Poles and a few foreigners who were determined enough to learn this difficult language. Anyway to decided to use English and Italian here. Hope we're gonna be able to use two foreign languages in the same time...

My first thought when I left the plane was "Oh gosh, oh gosh! Everyone's speaking Italian! I'm in heaven!". You need to know that I really love that language, so to me the definition of heaven is "the place where only Italian is spoken" ;) Right afterwards I had to face the reality - in this case it was handling a 23kg backpack (plus hand luggage) and finding Francesca and Davide who I was supposed to meet at the airport. Fortunately I succeeded in both. Then we were expecting Gizem who arrived from Turkey really tired. We had the fabulous “marocchino” coffee at the airport and had to find the right elevator, which wasn’t as easy as it seems. “Ascensore” (elevator in Italian) was the first new Italian word I learned after the arrival…


When we left the building I was really surprised to see snow outside! Together with the “Polishlike” landscape it made me feel like home :D On the way to Borgomanero I thought that maybe if Italian landscape and Polish landscape look similar the countries are similar too. After a month here I know I was wrong. In fact, I couldn’t be more… :D


The place where we live (Borgomanero) is cute, but rather small (around 19.300 inhabitants) compared to the city where I was brought up (around 300.000 citizens) and the city where I was living for the last 5 years (more than 750.000 citizens). Anyway, when it comes to getting to know Italian culture Borgomanero seems to be the right place. It’s not a huge, cosmopolitan city. Borgomanero is definitely ITALIAN. And in fact that's what I've been looking for :)

Asia

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento